Wet Weather Cancellations

Discuss and debate the Brisbane second division rugby league.

Moderator: H

Wet Weather Cancellations

Postby H » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:22 am

Deception Bay fields closed.
ImageDayboro Cowboys: Premiers 2000,2002,2004,2005,2006,2007,2009.
H
Holden Cup Player
Holden Cup Player

Re: Wet Weather Cancellations

Postby quocken » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:56 am

Gibson park is as well

looks like pine and burpengary will be added as well shortly
quocken
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Postby quocken » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:04 am

Premier Grade: Pine Rivers v Gaters
N1: Brothers Juniors v Mitchelton
N2: All matches
N3: Valleys v Banyo
U 20: Brothers Juniors v Souths Juniors

these are the comfirmed wash outs
quocken
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Postby H » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:05 am

Deception Bay Sports Ground, Gibson Park, Matheson Oval and Emerson Park are now closed

This means that the following matches are now cancelled:

N1: Brothers Juniors v Mitchelton

N2: All matches

H
Holden Cup Player
Holden Cup Player

Postby WATTOE » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:30 am

H wrote:Deception Bay Sports Ground, Gibson Park, Matheson Oval and Emerson Park are now closed

This means that the following matches are now cancelled:

N1: Brothers Juniors v Mitchelton

You can add Burpengary v Gaters 3's

Simply a joke this is....
PINE EXPRESS 2013
WATTOE
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Postby H » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:32 am

Cancellations as at 9.23 AM Saturday 13 April

Deception Bay Sports Ground, Gibson Park, Matheson Oval , Emerson Park, Warburton Park and Burpengary are now closed,

This means that all Northside 1, Northside 2 and Northside 3 matches are now cancelled as wellas the following matches are now cancelled:

N1: All matches

N3: All matches

U 20: Burpengary v Arana Hills
H
Holden Cup Player
Holden Cup Player

Postby Northern_Union » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:55 am

Gee it must be belting down is it?
Northern_Union
Administrator
Administrator

Postby H » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:11 am

The rain isn't all that heavy. The local councils who own most of the club fields get into a panic and call the games off at the drop of a hat for fear of litigation.
H
Holden Cup Player
Holden Cup Player

Postby gene » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:23 am

Cancellations as at 11:15 AM Saturday 13 April

Deception Bay Sports Ground, Gibson Park, Matheson Oval , Emerson Park, Warburton Park and Burpengary, Meakin Park, Kitchener Park are now closed,

This means that all Premier, Northside 1, Northside 2 and Northside 3 and Under 20s matches as well as the following matches are now cancelled:

Premier Grade: All matches

N1: All matches

N3: All matches

U 20: All matches

S3: Wynnum v Bulimba Valleys

Last Modified on 13/04/2013 11:21
"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination."
gene
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Postby gene » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:34 am

I just want to have a little rant on this topic.....
Having been in administration of a club where we have 99% control over a field and 50% over another, I know what it is like to have to call games off due to wet weather. It is not a good feeling, everyone wants to see games played. But some people who have no idea carry on like second div want to cancel games and get a kick out of it. I am sure it is not like that at all and they HAVE to be directed by the clubs. Secondly, the cost of maintaining and repairing a field runs into the 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars. Most small suburban clubs do not have the funds to do this regularly, and therefore the maintenance of the fields must come into play too.
I know we all used to play in rain and our sport is renowned for some of the best games in poor conditions. But unfortunately time and society is changing and we live in a world where litigation is the primary thought for some people. Therefore all clubs and councils are so conscious these days of POTENTIAL risk of injury.
Finally, calls for the administration to change venues the day of a game so that games can continue need to think outside their own backyard. Yes facebook etc is an excellent communication tool, but all clubs, players, refs etc need to be notified and accept the change. To me even with social media this would be extremely difficult.
Don't get me wrong I want to see games as much as anyone, especially at this point in time! But to blame second div and have a go at the committee for this is not fair. And no I am not on the committee!
"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination."
gene
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Postby WATTOE » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:43 am

gene wrote:I just want to have a little rant on this topic.....
Having been in administration of a club where we have 99% control over a field and 50% over another, I know what it is like to have to call games off due to wet weather. It is not a good feeling, everyone wants to see games played. But some people who have no idea carry on like second div want to cancel games and get a kick out of it. I am sure it is not like that at all and they HAVE to be directed by the clubs. Secondly, the cost of maintaining and repairing a field runs into the 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars. Most small suburban clubs do not have the funds to do this regularly, and therefore the maintenance of the fields must come into play too.
I know we all used to play in rain and our sport is renowned for some of the best games in poor conditions. But unfortunately time and society is changing and we live in a world where litigation is the primary thought for some people. Therefore all clubs and councils are so conscious these days of POTENTIAL risk of injury.
Finally, calls for the administration to change venues the day of a game so that games can continue need to think outside their own backyard. Yes facebook etc is an excellent communication tool, but all clubs, players, refs etc need to be notified and accept the change. To me even with social media this would be extremely difficult.
Don't get me wrong I want to see games as much as anyone, especially at this point in time! But to blame second div and have a go at the committee for this is not fair. And no I am not on the committee!

Kissy I wasn't pointing the finger but I hope they do the right thing an award all teams that were supposed to play 1 point and the team with the bye 2 points. Just pissed I go to work next week and am away for 2 weeks. I just want some footy.

This is becoming an event that is happening more and more often and we need to have a back up plan. Banyo will rarely shut their field and why can we just move some games there. Im sure all clubs would be happy just to be able to play footy.

Sorry Rant over. :ty:
PINE EXPRESS 2013
WATTOE
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Postby gene » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:58 am

WATTOE wrote:
gene wrote:I just want to have a little rant on this topic.....

Kissy I wasn't pointing the finger but I hope they do the right thing an award all teams that were supposed to play 1 point and the team with the bye 2 points. Just pissed I go to work next week and am away for 2 weeks. I just want some footy.

This is becoming an event that is happening more and more often and we need to have a back up plan. Banyo will rarely shut their field and why can we just move some games there. Im sure all clubs would be happy just to be able to play footy.

Sorry Rant over. :ty:

Yeah Wattoe look I understand, and people working away like yourself will find it even more difficult, who just want a game of footy. Perhaps they will take your suggestion and run with it?? They will need more than 1 club like this though that are willing to host in this situation and also all clubs would need to agree to it ahead of time. There are some good people on the committee working hard to change things and make it better... You cant please all the people all the time unfortunately!
gene
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Postby BuckinBronco » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Pine Central is another that rarely seems to close in these conditions.
BuckinBronco
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Postby Gaters13 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:58 pm

As players we want to play but hey you can't change the weather
Gaters13
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Postby quocken » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Yer few of our guys went and looked at field.befor the game.today and were like cant belive we still playing.
quocken
Park Footballer
Park Footballer

Return to Brisbane Second Division Rugby League